25 November 2008

My first ever half-marathon

So a few weeks ago, my brother's fiancee asked me if I wanted to do a half-marathon with her as a way to get in shape for their wedding in July. I said sure because I've always wanted to do a half or whole marathon. Unfortunately, the half-marathon she is doing is on the day I graduate from college - FAIL.

BUT! My mom and I found one in Xenia on April 5, the second day of our spring break. So I'm in training for that. I also convinced my mom to take me to either Disney World or on a cruise for my last spring break ever and as a reward for doing the marathon.

I can't think of a good way to end this, so... yay!

2 comments:

Germaine said...

WOW! That's awesome. My roommate trained all last semester to run a 6-mile marathon (divided up between multiple people) called the Flying Pig. Then over the summer and into the fall she trained for a half marathon in October. She ran it in Long Beach, California. She absolutely loved it and says anyone can do it. Good luck!

Jenni Rohr said...

That is fantastic! I have always enjoyed running but unfortunately have never made it up to a half marathon.. I have done many 10K's and a few triathlons (we had to canoe instead of swim) which were a lot of fun. Good luck! I love that you have an incentive to do it.. I'm sure that is great motivation!