11 November 2008

Facebook and the job market

My dad recently sent me this link to an article about Facebook dos and don'ts:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/worklife/11/05/cb.social.networking/index.html

I've heard about employers using Facebook to research prospective employees, but this article talks about how you (the prospective employee) can actually use Facebook to your advantage. The article talks about how some businesses actual cruise Facebook to scope out new employees. It's a fairly interesting article and I've taken it to heart. I've recently tried to make my Facebook appear a bit more professional, while retaining the things that show off my character and personality.

Perhaps you can use this as a guide to revamp your Facebook, too?

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Hilary, I found that article very interesting because like you said many companies are now using facebook as a disadvantage to potential employees. I haven't heard of the alternative to the argument until now. Thanks for sharing that with me.