02 December 2008

The auto bailout

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/19/autos.ceo.jets/index.html?iref=newssearch

Does anyone else think it must be a nightmare to be on the PR teams right now for these big 3 U.S. automakers?

It seems to me that these folks are doing too little too late. I know that it would cost Americans a lot of jobs if Ford, GM, and Chrysler went bankrupt, but these guys should have learned years ago that Americans don't want / can't afford the kinds of cars they're building (ie: SUVs and large trucks). The media had a field day when the 3 CEOs flew to Washington in 3 private jets to beg for tax payer money. I suppose I'm just glad I don't have a job on any of their PR teams. It's got to be really hard for them right now with all the bad press.

2 comments:

UD09 said...

I would cry....bailout maybe though? Did you hear about the President saying he would work for $1 for a year if the bailout was approved?

Colleen said...

This is crazy! I cannot believe it and I cannot beileve the president said he would work for $1 if the bailout was approved! No way that is nuts! I really enjoyed reading this blog, it was interesting.