03 January 2009

The beginning of the end?

So I got back to UD after what seemed like a rather short break (2 weeks goes by fast). I had a nice Christmas with my family - although it seemed rushed and weird for some reason. I was happy to be home in Waynesville with my family, though. I spent the last 2 Christmases in Wisconsin with my grandfather because we were never sure if he was going to live until the next Christmas. He passed away October 11, so as sad as I was to not have him around, I was happy to spend Christmas at home.

After Christmas, my mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law, and I went to Wisconsin to visit family. I had a good time, but it's always a bad idea because my family LOVES to eat, so my training for the half-marathon is WAY off track... I'll need to work on getting back into the swing of things in the next few days. After our visit in Wisconsin, I went to Chicago for New Years with my friends Chris, Erin, Mo, and Danny. Mo's mom was kind enough to let us stay at her house in Northbrook (about 30 minutes north of Chicago). She cooked for us every day, which was nice. Everything was delicious! The 5 of us spent New Year's Eve in Mo's basement. It was probably the most fun I've ever had on New Year's Eve. We went into the city to go shopping and I got to seek out and look at the buildings where Fleishman-Hillard and Edelman are located. I'm very interested in internships with either of those agencies, so I wanted to just get a glimpse of the area in which they are located (did I mention I've only ever been to Chicago 3 times? Once in 7th grade, once last fall, and this past December).

Now I'm back on campus and getting ready for the last semester of my undergraduate education. I'll be honest, it's a bit nerve-wracking. I have no idea where I will be in 6 months and that frightens me. I like having a plan and knowing where I'm going and what I'm doing. Did I mention I graduate from college exactly 5 months from today? Ahh! I'm also a bit nervous about graduating because I'm afraid of being alone. I want to move to Chicago. I really enjoy it there and my best bet for a job is probably Chicago. The only bad part is I don't know anyone there. Who knows... these are just late night musings that have been popping into my head over the past few weeks.

Who knows what will happen... only time will tell and I suppose that is something I will have to learn to accept.

...by the way, who wants to be my date for POD Formal? :)

No comments: